POSTERIOR DYNAMIC ANKLE-FOOT ORTHOSIS
- Adjustable and trimmable orthosis (by cutting) in length by the healthcare professional authorized to dispense, prepare and adapt the SpryStep® flex
- The diversity of materials used offers a good combination of flexibility and rigidity to improve walking and comfort for the patient, with a forefoot that remains flexible while walking
- The orthosis allows an energy storage through the strut deformation which by restitution, contributes to the help of the leg during gait stance phase
- The lateral/posterior position of the strut ensures optimum compliance and energy return during physical activity.
Foot drop of:
- neurological origin from central nervous system (motor impairment due to stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, etc.)
- peripheral nervous system (neuropathy, nerve injuries, nerve damage, radiculopathy) or muscular origin (muscular dystrophy, congenital myopathy, etc.) without knee impairment.
SpryStep® flex is adapted for dynamic patients with high impact activities (walking, running...).
- Severe spasticity, not controlled by medical treatment
- Fixed or irreducible articular deformities which can lead to a potential conflict with the orthosis
- Severe loss of protective sensation of the foot
- Foot ulcer or chronic wound (foot, ankle or calf)
- Limb moderate to severe edema
- Patients’ weight more than 120 kg
- Known material allergy (see instructions for use and/or composition on the product label)