Off-loading knee brace for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis
- Moderate to severe unicompartment femoral-tibial osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Unicompartmental knee joint degeneration requiring offloading.
- Post-operative offloading of a single compartment (articular or meniscus cartilage defect or osteochondral defect).
- Knee joint instability after injury or surgery on the cruciate and/or collateral ligaments (ACL, PCL, LCL, MCL).
- Arthritic patient requiring maximum offloading.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Offloading of the damaged compartment: 3-pressure point system with Loadshifter system
- Freedom of movement: TM5+ hinge reproducing the knee’s natural movements.*
- Open zone at the back of the knee
- Hold: suspension strap above the calf and specially shaped tibial shell to prevent rotation
- Comfort: inner foam lining
- Practical level: fitting buckle and tool-less adjustment of offloading level (Snap lock system)
- 2 models: right and left
Adjustable Correction for OA Braces: LoadShifter
- The patented LoadShifter mechanism and tool-less SnapLock are innovative features incorporated into the femoral section of Townsend’s Rebel Reliever™, Premier Reliever and Reliever Air rigid OA knee braces.
- By releasing the SnapLock, the fitter can utilize the LoadShifter to adjust the angle of the thigh shell.
- Increasing corrective pressure at the top of the leg amplifies the three-point counterforce at the knee and distal end of the brace — improving leg alignment and reducing compressive load on the damaged side of the knee.